It’s that time of year again where millions of people are setting New Year’s Resolutions in an effort to accomplish a personal goal or improve their life. This year, we challenge everyone in your family to add a few resolutions for better sleep, which has countless benefits to improve your overall health.
Instead of making a blanket resolution to get more sleep, try making these five resolutions, which may help address the underlying culprit behind our lack of sleep.
- I promise to get the recommended amount of sleep for my age.
- I promise to turn off all electronic devices 1-2 hours before sleep.
- I promise to avoid caffeinated beverages and foods from late afternoon until bedtime.
- I promise to include light exercise in the late afternoon to help me to sleep better at night.
- I promise to find ways to relax prior to getting in the bed.
Sleeping problems affect the entire family. Use these resolutions for you and your children so that everyone can start the New Year with their best foot forward!